Do you often wonder how some people always seem to piece their outfits together so effortlessly?
Why do they always look so stylish and chic? Have you ever asked yourself what all these people have in common?
If you think about it for long enough, you’ll find that the answer is usually always in the accessories. Accessories are the finishing touches for our outfits and once you’ve nailed the art of accessorising, you too will be one of those people.
By far, the easiest way to accessorise is with a necklace, and the beauty of wearing the right necklace is that it is the fastest way to transform an average outfit into a fabulous one. Which means we can all do it, even with only 20 minutes to get ready in the morning! Follow my Do’s and Dont’s for ensured success.
- Mix metals
- Mix matt and shiny
- Layer your chain necklaces together – go for varying lengths for maximum effect
- Use a colourful necklace to brighten up an outfit
- Wear a long necklace with high necklines, to draw the eye down and elongate the body
- Always keep a short statement necklace handy for single coloured dresses
- Dress up denim with a big bling necklace
- Shop at flea markets and vintage stores for statement pieces you can be sure no one else will have
- Wear big earrings and a necklace at the same time. It has got to be either/or. Go for simple studs with a necklace; or big earrings and no necklace
- Wear pendants on a necklace that are longer (or hang lower) than your belt
Have fun with your necklaces, and make sure you don’t always wear the same one. Remember – these are the pieces that will transform your outfits and change your look.